Peek-boo halloween card

Hello everyone! 

Today sharing another card I've created for Inky paws challenge #131, using "Newton's Nook Boo-tiful Night" stamp set. This was a color challenge, so to use Purple, Orange, white and teal in your project.



First I stamped and colored Newton with watercolor paint and added liquid accents on the pumpkins, bird's eye and cat's nose and set it aside for drying.

To create the starry night sky background, I did heavy ink blending with distress oxide inks on watercolor, as it blends smoothly without any harsh lines (this would my tip for ink blending strugglers like me). Then I created splatters with white and metallic pearl watercolors. As I thought it needed little texture then I use shimmer paste (mixed with silver dust glitter) on starry stencil and let it dry.



For the full moon used the circle die to cut out the moon and ink blended lightly with black soot. Added black glitter cardstock as a grass hillside border to the bottom side of the panel and adhered both he grass and moon on the panel.



As I always love interactive card kept it simple by hiding the sentiment under the moon and closing it with a bat. Move the batwing slightly to see the hidden sentiment:) Finally adhered stacked pumpkins with cat with foam dimensional and attached it on the teal card base. Then added some shimmer and highlight to complete the card.

Supplies used are:

  • Newton's Nook Boo-tiful Night" stamp set
  • Circle dies from lawn fawn
  • Distress oxide inks: Dusty Concord, Blueprint Sketch and Black soot.
  • Versamark and versafine inks
  • Watercolor paints by daler Downey and kuretake
  • Watercolor paper from brustro
  • Color cardstocks and shimmer paste, fine silver glitter by little birdie
  • Wink of Stella shimmer pen
  • White uniball signo pen
  • Ranger glossy accents and liquid pearls
  • Nuvo drops - Ebony black

I hope you like it:)

 Thanks so much for stopping by! Stay happy and stay safe!

Bhavya


Comments